Friday, August 25, 2006

focus

throughout the processes of this semester I plan to hone my skills in digital media and fabrication. in the past I have been exposed to many means of production including both the digital and the analog, using the tools of the "virtual studio" I hope to develop my understanding of these methods further. the concept of this studio is intriguing, using current technology and means of communication, it will be a challenge to effectively relay ideas and to hold onto what could potentially be lost in virtual translation. however, this new challenge brings new solutions, and I am looking forward to applying these solutions to my work. I expect to combine the design techniques I have learned in past studios with those from Europe to create something profound for my portfolio.

In my years at Clemson I have come a long way in my understanding of architecture and design. This semester will be another endeavor into Form-Z. Using the new tools it offers, such as animation, in conjunction with other software such as SketchUp and Photoshop I am going to work to understand the importance of certain design software for representation.

No comments: